I had to do some serious cleaning on this one. The sides were completely rusted and the blade assembly was stuck in place. Finally got the blade assembly loose but the only option for the body was sandblasting and repainting. You see the pits on the side still but it is what it is. You can see the original silverish-blueish-tealish color in the second picture but the odds of matching that color with my skills and budget (zero and zero) meant I went with basic black. I polished the bottom and the blade assembly on the buffer at work.
The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect. - Carl von Clausewitz
This is my cup of coffee. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my coffee is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless.
This is the third one he's made. The first was his for his projects, the second he made for his Dad and this one is mine. He said he's learned how to do things a little differently/better each time. He said he doesn't watch TV anymore, it's all research on youtube for his woodworking and prepping stuff.
He didn't want to use any mechanical fasteners other than the screws for the casters and we had worked out a plan for the top but I was concerned I'd have to remove the top to load it in the truck so we screwed it in place. Turned out for the best, we ran out of time to attach the top any other way. We were applying Danish oil at 2200 the night before we left...